Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Corner Store

Blouse - Zara; Shorts - American Eagle; Heels - Zara; Bag - Vintage; Necklace - Vintage; Sunglasses - H&M
I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about wearing peplums of all sorts at first.  They just seemed far too lady-like and polished for my liking.  The thought of wearing something so frilly quickly appealed to me once I visualized pairing peplums with more distressed, edgy pieces like leather or relaxed denim.  So yeah, this is my favorite top at the moment; it goes with everything and is somehow relevant to all situations.  Now I'm in search for the perfect peplum skirt to wear with grubby, worn out concert tees and a leather motorcycle jacket...this is how the clothing acquisition never ever stops.

This colossal, candy-colored clutch makes me soooooo incredibly happy.  So much color.  I'm sure it once belonged to a cocktail sipping, Miami dwelling granny in it's previous life (I like to make up past lives for all my vintage treasures).  The best part is the overwhelming tassel.  I love tassels.  And I'm pretty sure every single fashion blogger has these shoes now, and for good reason-they quickly filled the delicate, strappy shoe void in my closet for only $50.  It's a nice departure from all my ridiculous platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment