Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nebular


Dress - eBay; Jacket - H&M; Boots - thrifted; Necklace - H&M; Bag - Zara
It's official, I now want everything galaxy print related, even envelopes, and I haven't hand written a letter in years.  So this was the coldest day of our so-called "autumn" thus far, I could hardly contain my excitement.  I'd been stalking the weather forecast all week in hopes of wearing tights, boots, and jackets again.  And since it was a perfectly dreary day, I decided to through on this flashy necklace to brighten things up a bit and to add contrast to the casualness of this military jacket...sometimes I like to look a little sartorially confused, it keeps things interesting.

These boots were the thrift find of the century, I remember it well.  They look exactly like Frye Engineer boots (they're Durangos).  Another patron at the store must have thought so too, because a sales girl was actually propositioned to ask me what size they were and if I was really going to buy them. "They're a whopping size 9, and of course!", I said loudly, and then I was forced to carry these heavy bricks around the store for the duration of my scavenging, convinced that this mystery girl would snatch them up as soon as I set them down.  I won that one haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment