Monday, October 8, 2012

Free Rein










Dress - Nasty Gal; Shoes - Jeffrey Campell; Necklace - vintage

I've found it- the perfect dress for frolicking through Texas fields.  I've decided that the longer-than-necessary bell sleeves, generous scoop neck, and granny floral upholstery print are to blame.  Nasty Gal never disappoints; most of their merchandise makes me want to prance around in open fields like a child though.  Trudging through knee-high grass in Litas doesn't lend itself to frolicking that easily...it's fairly challenging, and also very stupid.  I kept a look out for snakes while trying not to fall on my face, and I won with many close calls.  All in all it was a gorgeous cloudy day and I was beyond appreciative to get out of the city for a bit.  Just staring blankly at vast stretches of land was all I needed to regenerate for the upcoming week and embrace that feeling of freedom.  I guess you can't take the country out of the girl after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment